Thursday, November 29, 2012

Leisure Activity

Barcelona vs Alavés



Throughout my time here, I have always wanted to go to a FC Barcelona football game but the tickets have always been to expensive to afford. When I learned that the Barca vs Alaves match had very cheap tickets, I knew I could not pass up the opportunity. I went out and bought my David Villa jersey and was ready to experience this maybe once in a lifetime experience. We were lucky enough to get seats that were ten rows back from the field. It was the best view. Before I went to the game, I had heard that the stadium and atmosphere are amazing and they it did not disappoint. The stadium did not get completely full but it was huge. It looked more like an American Football stadium than any soccer stadium I have been too. I could not have imagine how the Barca vs Real Madrid game was like. All the people were covered in head to toe with Barca gear and they were so full of energy. They would do different chants throughout the game but I had a hard time understanding what they were saying. I did notice that a few times they did a very loud chant for independence while people put up the Catalan independent flag. It was also cool to hear how loud the stadium would get when a call was not made. Many people would stand up and yell and point at the referee. People also went crazy when Barca scored. The flags would be waving and the fans would be jumping up and down. Also, guys in orange jackets would stand up and surround the field whenever any team scored. I guess so nobody would get onto the field. All in all, it was an awesome experience. I wish all the starters would have been playing but it was still fun to see. I got a little taste of what football means to this city. People seem to eat and drink the sport. It is in there blood. Not everybody can say they got to see one of the best football teams in the world live.  






No comments:

Post a Comment