Thursday, September 27, 2012

Leisure Activity


Sitges 

I do now know if it would be appropriate to call traveling to Sitges as a leisure activity but it was a very relaxing and cool place. After hearing it only cost around seven euros to get there and back by train, I knew I could not turn down the opportunity. I was very glad I did not. When we arrived in Sitges, we walked around the skinny winding streets. Above all these streets, hung the white and red flag of Sitges.  I never was able to find out the exact reason why all the flags were there. We made our way to the beach and decided to to eat at one of the restaurants that sat right on the sand. We had a filling meal of beer and paella that was very tasty. Finally, we did what I enjoyed most from the trip, relax on the beach. The sun was hot and the it was not very crowed, so it was the perfect day to be at the beach. The beach was huge with golden sand. When I got into the water, I was surprised that I was able to walk really far out into the sea while still touching the ground. While sitting on the beach it was just enjoyable to look around and take Sitges in. I had the blue water in front of me, a beautiful church to my left, and the bar to my right. It was perfect. After the beach, we walked around the city some more and got crepes at a really good restaurant. The day trip made me love Sitges and want to come back again. We did come back for the movie festival but it was raining and all the movies were sold out so we did not stay very long. I hope to make it back to Sitges again because it is a very laid back atmosphere and everybody seems very genuine.


No comments:

Post a Comment